The goal of the ACLS Experienced Provider (ACLS-EP) Course is to improve outcomes in complex cardiovascular, respiratory and other (ie metabolic, toxicologic) emergencies by expanding on core ACLS guidelines and encouraging critical thinking and decision making strategies. Through instruction and active participation in case based scenarios, learners enhance their skills in the differiential diagnosis and treatment of prearrest, arrest and post arrest patients
This course is for seasoned/experienced healthcare providers who are proficient in performing BLS and ACLS skills, reading and interpreting ECGs, and understanding ACLS pharmacology and who regularly lead or participate in emergency assessment and treatment of prearrest or post arrest patients.
Course Content includes:
Participants will be assessed on their ACLS Provider skills (BLS & AED, MCQ and Megacode) prior to progressing onto case based scenarios which include
- Applying the expanded systematic approach (ACLS-EP Survey) to patient assessment, evaluation, and management
- Cardiovascular emergencies
- Cerebrovascular emergencies
- Respiratory and Metabolic emergencies
- Post-cardiac arrest care
- Clinical Pharmacology and Toxicology emergencies
- High-quality CPR
- Effective communication within a resuscitation team and recognition of the impact of team dynamics on overall performance
Course Duration: 1 day – 8:00AM to 5:00PM
A current American Heart Association Basic Life Support Provider card is needed to verify current certification. If you need to renew your certification, please contact the Resuscitation Officer.
Participants who do not hold a current ACLS Provider Certification MUST pass all ACLS Provider skills assessments in order to proceed further in the ACLS EP Course